The Kollam West Police Station was opened on 01.09.1956 vide order No. H2 – 33640/55 CS dated 27.04.1956 under Kollam Circle, divided into Kollam East Circle and Kollam West Circle. Since 1982 as per the GO(MS) 126/82 dated 04.01.1982 Kollam West Police Station was bifurcated and a new Police Station at Pallithottam was opened on 10.09.1988 vide GO(Rt) No. 6514/88/Home.
The Station was shifted to newly constructed building on 18.01.1988. The station is situated 3 km away from Kollam junction railway station and 1 km away from KSRTC Bus stand . Police station is situated near to the Kollam Civil Station.